Internships and jobs targeted to UIC students
The Engineering Career Center as switched over to Handshake as of July 1, 2020! All UIC students have a Handshake account -- all you have to do is claim it and set up your profile.
While you should be utilizing multiple resources and job boards to conduct your search, Handshake is an online job board that can only be used by UIC students and alumni. Employers can post internships, co-ops and permanent full-time positions year-round on Handshake. On-campus positions at both the East and West campuses are posted to the site as well.
Make the most of Handshake
- Be sure to update your profile since employers will search student profiles within Handshake
- Keep your resume updated on Handshake so you can easily apply for jobs and internships
- Register for employer events and career fairs
- Set up individual career advising appointments through Handshake
- When you complete your Handshake profile, view jobs, follow an employer, list the types of jobs and roles you are seeking, and the cities you'd like to work in, you are 80% likely receive a DM (direct message) from an employer looking to recruit you!