Gain access to over 5,000 engineering students within the UIC College of Engineering at our Fall 2020 Virtual Engineering & Computer Science Career Fair in October 2020! Come to UIC to recruit from all of our engineering and computer science majors and connect with top talent in Chicago.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! Virtual Fall 2020 Two-Day Engineering & Computer Science Career Fair
Day 1: October 6th | Time 1-5PM | Majors: Computer Science & Computer Engineering
Day 2: October 7th | Time 1-5PM | Majors: Bioengineering, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Industrial, & Mechanical Engineering
Career Fair FAQ
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and social distancing measures in place by the state of Illinois, the Engineering Career Center will host a virtual career fair in October 2020.
Thank you for your patience with us while we work to ensure an excellent recruitment experience for both employers and UIC Engineering students.
The Engineering and Computer Science Career Fair is one of the largest career fairs at UIC. Previous Engineering and Computer Science Career Fairs have drawn more than 150 companies and 2,000 students to the career fair.
It is a wonderful opportunity for employers to recruit entry-level full-time engineers as well as summer interns, co-op students, or even part-time positions or contract positions.
We encourage you to review our AY 2019-2020 enrollment to learn more about the number of students in each engineering major at UIC.
Schedule for Fall 2020 Virtual Career Fair Days
October 6 (Day 1) Majors: Computer Science & Computer Engineering
October 7 (Day 2) Majors: Bioengineering, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Industrial, & Mechanical Engineering
Note: Upon registration via Handshake, employers will have an opportunity to create their own schedule for the fair, including options to schedule the following types of sessions:
- Up to three 30-minute group sessions to engage students in a group setting
- Unlimited 10-minute individual sessions with students between 1-5pm. You can preselect students for these sessions, or you can allow day-of drop-ins. Each employer can have up to 15 representatives per registration. All representatives must create a free Handshake account.
Registration is open via Handshake. Employers will need to create a free account on Handshake in order to register. If you have recruited with UIC in the past, your company information is most likely already uploaded to Handshake, so all you need to do is claim your account! Once you’ve registered for the virtual fair, your registration will be approved within 1 business day; then you will be invoiced.
- Last Day to Register for the fair: Friday, October 2, 2020. All registrations made after Monday, September 28, 2020 are final.
Career Fair Pricing:
Small Companies of <50 total employees: Please contact a member of the Engineering Career Center Team to discuss recruitment options.
Credit card and check payments are accepted for the Career Fair. Please make checks payable to: University of Illinois Chicago and send to:
University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
Engineering Career Center
Attn: Rose Coppola-Conroy
851 S. Morgan St., Rm 800 SEO
Chicago, IL 60607
- $125: company logo only placed in ECC’s student-facing newsletter 3 times before the fair.
- $200: company is a “featured employer” in ECC’s student-facing newsletter, includes: 2 back-to-back weeks of company logo, one sentence description of company, majors and positions seeking.
Payment must be received before ads can be implemented.
For additional questions about marketing opportunities during the career fair, please contact Rose Coppola-Conroy.
Deadline to receive a refund for Ads not already implemented is Thursday, September 17th.
Career Fair Registration: A full refund will be provided if a cancellation is received by Monday, September 28th at 5pm. All registrations become final after this date. We cannot accommodate refunds for companies that decide on the day of the fair not to attend (no-show).
Marketing Opportunities: A full refund will be provided for cancellations received by Thursday, September 17th at 5pm. Refunds can only be issued for ads that are not already implemented.
Post-Career Fair Virtual Interviews: Cancellations will only be refunded up until Monday, September 28th at 5pm.
No refunds will be issued for cancellations caused by natural events that are outside of our control.
Post-career fair virtual interviews will be hosted virtually by UIC following the career fair. We strongly recommend registering early for the interviews.
Dates: Friday, Oct. 9th & Wednesday, Oct. 14th
Mode: Virtual via Zoom
Pricing: $75 per Zoom Breakout Room, per 8-hour day
Details: Post-career fair virtual interviews will take place in Breakout Rooms on Zoom, managed by the Engineering Career Center (ECC). Employers may purchase as many breakout rooms as they would like. Please note that interviews can only be conducted in a Zoom Breakout Room one at a time. (Ex: if you would like to be able to interview two students at a time, you will need to purchase two Zoom Breakout Rooms.) All companies are asked to complete their own interview scheduling with students.
Please note that cancellations for virtual interviews will only be refunded until Monday, September 28th at 5pm. Any employer who cancels virtual interviews after the September 28th deadline will not be refunded.
Questions about on-campus interviews? Please contact Rose Coppola-Conroy.
As visitors to the UIC campus, even in a virtual setting, you expected to abide by University policies, including sexual harassment policies.
Before the Career Fair:
- Complete all registration career fair details carefully. Information provided in your registration (company name, website, positions hiring for, majors sought, etc.) will be shared with students on the Engineering Career Center website.
- We strongly encourage you to post the positions you are recruiting for on Handshake. Handshake is our internal job board for UIC students and recent alumni. We recommend including information about your presence at the UIC Virtual Engineering and Computer Science Career Fair in the position descriptions that you post on Handshake.
- If possible, we strongly encourage you to invite UIC alumni working in your organization to help attend the career fair as representatives of your organization.
During the Career Fair:
- Please engage with students. You will be able to preselect students for 10-minute one-on-one meetings during the virtual fair on Handshake. For these sessions, you can preselect students, or you can allow day-of drop-ins. Additionally, you will be able to host up to three 30-minute group sessions.
- Please be patient with students whose technology is not working properly as this is a new platform for everyone.
- If you are open to being contacted by students, consider sharing your company email address with students during the fair. Students will feel much more invested in your organization if they have a contact to follow-up with regarding their applications.
After the Career Fair:
- Contact students you are interested in quickly!
- Consider other ways to engage with UIC students on campus via virtual Pop-Up, Info Sessions, Tech Talks, Post-Career Fair Interviews, and more. All are available virtually in Fall 2020!
- Contact us if you would like to learn more about additional engagement opportunities on campus, or to hear about additional upcoming career fairs hosted at UIC.