Schedule an Appointment
We realize a lot of changes have transpired over the last few months due to COVID-19. We want to let you know that the Engineering Career Center is here to help you!
The Engineering Career Center is currently providing virtual advising services. There are no in-person appointments at this time. Please see below for appointment instructions:
- Zoom, Hangout, and/or Email Career Advising Services Available! You will still need to make an appointment for advising.
- Email the advisor for your major, either Eliana Riley (BioE, ME, IE, Civil) or Jonna McHugh (CS, EE, CompE, ChemE). Click here to see a full list of advisors by major.
- Please make sure to detail your preferred email and phone number in the appointment request.
- Your career advisor will then send you a link to access your appointment call over Google Hangouts or Zoom. Dial-in options are available if you do not have access to a computer at this time.
- Alumni can still make appointments 3 years after graduation.
- Quick Questions that can be handled over email: please email one of us!
- Our website has wonderful resources available 24/7, so please take advantage! Find job search boards online, tips for LinkedIn, practice interview questions, and more in the “Career Tools” tab!
- Please watch this website and your email as campus updates emerge.
New Appointment Scheduling System Coming Soon!
The Engineering Career Center is currently in the process of switching from our old system (UICCareers.com) to our new system, Handshake! Please stay tuned to your UIC email for updates to claim your Handshake account.
We will make an announcement via this page, with instructions, once Handshake is available to schedule appointments. As of now, Handshake is available for all students to claim their account, apply for jobs, and sign up for events. Soon it will be ready for appointment scheduling. Students received an email in early July with a unique link to claim their account.