Schedule an Appointment
We realize a lot of changes have transpired over the last few weeks due to COVID-19. We want to let you know that the Engineering Career Center is here to help you!
Since the Engineering Career Center is currently closed, we are now providing virtual advising services:
- Zoom, Hangout, and/or Email Career Advising Services Available! You will still need to make an appointment online on UICcareers.com for advising.
- Please make sure to detail your preferred email and phone number in the appointment request notes.
- You will receive an email notification once the career advisor approves your appointment time.
- Your career advisor will then send you a link to access your appointment call over Google Hangouts or Zoom. Dial-in options are available if you do not have access to a computer at this time.
- Quick Questions that can be handled over email, please email one of us!
- Our website has wonderful resources available 24/7, so please take advantage! Find job search boards online, tips for LinkedIn, practice interview questions, and more in the “Career Tools” tab!
- Please watch this website and your email as campus updates emerge.
How to Request an Appointment on UICcareers.com
To request an appointment, login to your UICcareers.com account. In addition to scheduling career advising appointments through UICcareers.com, you can also search and apply for internships, full-time jobs, and on-campus jobs. Please note the Engineering Career Center does not provide academic (class) advising services.
- If it is your first time logging into UICcareers.com, please select “forgot password” to create your password.
- If this is your first time logging into UICcareers.com, you will need to create a basic student profile before the system will allow you to schedule an appointment.
- Select “Calendar and Appointments” on the left sidebar.
- Click “Counseling Appt” on the top of the page. If you do not see this option, please email Eliana Riley at email@example.com
- Click “Request New Appointment.”
- Select the type of appointment from the list provided.
- Select the 30-minute time range, coach(es), and day of the week you’d like to schedule your appointment.
- Selecting all of the career coaches assigned to you will help you find the best time that works for your schedule.
- Your career career coach will either approve your appointment through UICcareers.com and you will receive an email notification letting you know if your appointment was approved.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, or reschedule your appointment time, please do so through UICcareers.com at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.