Guaranteed Paid Internship Program (GPIP) for Transfer Students
Requirements for Guaranteed Transfer Internship Program
UIC offers a unique opportunity to transfer engineering students. Conceived of and supported by the faculty and the dean of the College of Engineering, the Transfer Guaranteed Paid Internship Program (GPIP) gives incoming fall transfer students the opportunity to serve as paid interns during the summer months, providing they meet certain criteria.
Who is Eligible for GPIP?
Transfer Engineering and Computer Science students who are admitted into the College of Engineering in the Fall of the academic year.
1) Complete your Intent to Enroll form online by June 1, 2018.
2) Register for fall 2018 classes by July 15, 2018.
3) Attended UIC Engineering for at least two semesters full‐time and completed at least 20 semester hours of UIC Engineering courses.
4) Maintain an overall UIC GPA of at least 3.2.
5) Participate in our Transfer Engineering Student Success Program throughout the period preceding the internship.
6) Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or obtain permission to work legally in the United States by May 1 of the year of your summer internship.
The Guaranteed Paid Internship Program will place students who fulfill the requirements above in an internship with a company or a UIC research laboratory.
Students placed in UIC research laboratory internships will be paid $12.50/hour for thirty-two hours/week for eight weeks.
We anticipate that for students placed in companies or other outside organizations, the pay range will be approximately $15-$20/hour.
Still have questions about GPIP for Transfer students?
Rose Coppola-Conroy, Director of the Engineering Career Center
Office: SEO 822