Stay on Track
Plan Ahead for a Proactive Job Search
Securing an internship, co-op or full-time job can be a lengthy process. From creating a great resume to successfully completing the interview process, make sure you are taking the appropriate actions well in advance of finally accepting that offer.
Commit to your career each semester by:
- Identifying top skills employers are seeking.
- Editing and adding content to your LinkedIn, resume and UICcareers profile.
- Researching companies that interest you.
- Researching companies that have hired UIC students.
- Attending networking events, both on and off campus.
- Prepping for upcoming interviews.
- Understanding salaries and discovering what you're worth.