International Students

The Engineering Career Center is dedicated to supporting UIC international students with their job and/or internship search. Below you will find resources to assist you with your employment search, as well as the CPT and OPT application processes. 

Students: please note the last day to process Summer CPT applications was Friday, July 20th.


International students must complete a Curricular Practical Training (CPT) application in order to obtain work authorization for off-campus internships. The Engineering Career Center can assist you with the CPT application process. 


The Engineering Career Center does not process Optional Practical Training (OPT) applications for full-time employment. If you have obtained a full-time position, and need help with your OPT application, please visit with the Office of International Students (OIS) at UIC. 


Career Resources for International Students

Completing Your CPT Paperwork (Must Complete All Steps)

Frequently Asked Questions

Have an Internship? Schedule Your CPT Appointment